Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Thursday, December 16, 2004

Snack break leads to downward spiral of depression.

So after much debate as to what to get on my snack break, I decided on a Snickers, hoping that it would indeed satisfy. I get back to my cozy little cube, pop open my Pepsi and prepare for salacious delight. I tear open the candy bar and am met with a disheartening message. "Sorry, You are not a winner." I was disheartened. My mom always said I was cool, but what do mom's know. I always had a suspicion deep down inside that I was indeed a loser, but I never expected my fears to be confirmed by a chocalate, peanut and caramel combination. I dejectedly went back to work, fearing that others would soon realize what a "not winner" I was.
Apparently, the purchase of this candy bar had entered me into some type of contest which I wasn't aware of and didn't win, and once my fragile self realized that, I felt much better. Turns out I'm a loser of Super Bowl tickets, which I guess is ok, though I would've liked to see a nipple live this year, but the jury is still out on whether I'm a winner or loser in life. My co-worker assured me I am loser, I hope she was talking about the tickets.
And to answer the question I know you are all wanting to ask, "Did it satisfy?" Its hard to tell if that's a tummy full of satisfaction or a life full of regret I'm feeling right now. Maybe I should let someone who knows more than me answer....

"Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory."
-Mahatma Gandhi

"People inflict pain on others in the selfish pursuit of their own happiness or satisfaction."
-Dalai Lama

Posted by timothy :: Direct Link 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------