Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Thursday, February 17, 2005

I can not even explain to you...

...how incredibly excited I am that they are releasing a good version of a movie for "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". This book has had a major influence on how I feel about life, the universe, and everything... no, I mean on my sense of humor. I would say I'm the funny man I am today due to Douglas Adams (God rest his soul!) I would put him right up there with Vonnegut as my major writing influences as well. They will receive honorable mention in my first book!
If you have not been to Amazon to see the trailer, go now! If you have not read the book, buy it while you are there, I would loan you mine but I will be too busy reading it again!

"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the drug store, but that's just peanuts to space. " -HHGTTG

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. " -HHGTTG again (This is probably my favorite, its both amusing and profound at the same time, what more can I aspire for in life)

"For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. " --HHGTTG last one

Ok, I had to limit myself to 3 quotes, if I had kept going I would have posted the entire book!

READ IT!

Posted by timothy :: Direct Link 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------