Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Pimp My Cube!

So I read this article today entitled "Pimp my Cube". Trailing on the tails of the popular MTV show, this article gave many practical ways to "Pimp your Cube" at work. It was a serious article, so it gave serious suggestions, such as bring in plants, keep you desk clean, but not to clean (you want it to look like you actually do work), and keep personal items to minimum, but feel free to put up pictures of family and friends (only the respectable ones, I guess I should take home the one of me passed out in a pool of my own vomit).
So while the article was practical and gave me the motivation to clean up this mess I call a workstation, I decided that my cube just wasn't as pimped out as I felt it could be.
So I've come up with following modifications.

-New leather chair complete with:
  • Cooler in the arm rest
  • Green neon ground effects
  • Hell yeah a spoiler
  • Spinners
  • Hydraulic lift components
  • Flames on the side to make it look like I'm working fast

- 27 in Plasma display on the wall showing various natures scenes (its a pseudo window)

- Camera that shows me what is going on the hallway outside my cube

- Dartboard, X-box and PS2 (fuck you Game cube)

- Mini fridge disguised as file cabinet

-Track lighting

- Fully stocked wet bar

-Some velvet pillows for when the ladies drop in

- Hide-a-way bed, for those long conference calls

-and the piece de resistance, a large Flinstones-esque whistle to announce 5 o'clock

...speaking off, the whistle is blowing and I hear my supervisor coming by with the keys to unlock us from our desks!

"It's not that I'm lazy; it's that I just don't care." Obligatory Office Space quote? Check!


Posted by timothy :: Direct Link 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------