Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Weekend full of run-of-the-mill excitement!

So I went out and had a lot of fun this weekend, and was really looking forwarding to telling you all about it, but now that I look back on it, it was all your standard run-of-the-mill (should that be hyphenated? I'm not sure, but when in doubt hyphenate I always say) good time.
Let's see I played some golf on Saturday, full of blah's there 18 holes of nothing (seriously you should've seen me play) and a bunch of drinks at the end. Ended up going with some friends to city, we ate at your standard bar/pub place, went to your average Joe Schmo Bar (I think it was called Kels), and then ended up getting kicked out of the same party twice and then finally being let in once our friends who lived there showed up. I even met some interesting people at this party, a couple of brothers from Austin, TX, a "brother" in the Marines who specializes in Space Exploration Technology (we talked about terraforming Mars for like an hour, yeah I'm a nerd who told you otherwise), and some sisters with a really nice apartment from New York (apartment is here, not NY). But, it's all nothing to write home about. We were supposed to stay on a friends boat that night, but as usual it was filled with 6 inches of water, so I stayed with 3 girls whose names all rhymed (if I had a dollar for everytime that has happened). We even had a couple of suicidal cabbies that night, but seriously, what cabbie isn't. And of course no weekend is complete without your routine Sunday morning BART ride home.
So overall I had a lot of fun this weekend, but I've just bored you all to tears with the incredible monotony of my life. I'd like to say that this was all new and exciting, and it was for me, but I'm sure you've heard it all before. Unfortunately, there were no chastising candy bar wrappers, car thefts, or shameless self promotions to report on. So Kelly T, I say to you, even getting out of the house and doing things do not create good stories. But stay tuned, because Sunday, I was on the couch watching E! True Hollywood Story when all of a sudden...

"So much of our time is spent in preparation, so much in routine, and so much in retrospect, that the amount of each person's genius is confined to a very few hours."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted by timothy :: Direct Link 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------