Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Promise to you, the reader...

So I'm watching the Daily Show (or as I call it, "the news") last night and they are doing a report on (or as they call it "making fun of") the major news networks doing reports on blogs, creating their own blogs, and reading other's blogs off the internet. I found this very funny that first the news outlets tried to discredit blogs, and now they are reading them verbatim off the internet to the two (I'm guessing) people in the world who don't have internet access. Oh, and yes, I realize the irony of me writing about, the Daily show making fun of, the major news outlets reporting on, what bloggers are writing about. But as they were reading these, it got me thinking on my own bloggers code of honor, which led me to the following resolution:

As the author of Tim O' Grams and related sites, I solemnly swear:

To never take things too seriously!

To post more frequently for my faithful readers!

To never include content that will get my blog read by CNN, MSNBC, or FOX News!

To make up words on a bi-annual basis!

To use said words in a conversation at least three times!

To make this blog more about me, and less about you!

To update my other two blogs at least monthly (if you don't know about them, you suck)!

To start cursing more, and swearing less!

To create a positive atmosphere of sharing, tolerance, and understanding!

To destroy that atmosphere as soon as you are feeling comfortable!

To advance my blogging beyond the world of blogspot
To learn to use movable type
and To move this entire enterprise to a faster server!

and above all

To make many more idle promises that I have no intention of keeping!

...and I'm out!


"Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted!" - John Lennon

"In this marketplace of blogs, competition is vicious!" -Ms. E

Posted by timothy :: Direct Link 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------