Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Wednesday, June 29, 2005

To post for the sake of posting...

Yesterday I realized how perfectly satisfactory the normal everyday tasks can be. I washed my dog, watered the plants, did dishes and cleaned the sink, and took out the trash. Something about the overwhelming sense of satisfaction over a job well done...

This is about the time I realized that I am officially out of college, the bloom has definately fallen off the rose for me. In fact, I was in such a mode of doing stuff that I couldn't stop. I rearranged the living room, organized my roomates past Vet mags by title and dusted them all off, swept under all the furniture, and in general cleaned the crap out of things! I think I got boderline obsesive about it for awhile. Of course all of this was just a diversionary tactic to keep from cleaning my room. That's right, I'm cleaning to avoid cleaning, how's that for irony.

I think it all stems from the constant battles I had with my mom over my room in high school, and my general "mule-y" attitude towards life in general. I refuse to do it because I have to... even if I wanted to in the first place, I'm not doing it now cause you told me to! I know it doesn't make sense, it doesn't have to!

So maybe I'm growing... maybe I'm learning that it doesn't actually hurt to clean... maybe its just that time of year... maybe its because there is nothing on right now except for reruns... or maybe its because a special someone is coming to town... we'll all just have to wait and see!

"Cleanliness is next to Godliness." -some guy

"God is dead" -Nietzsche

"So is Nietzsche." -God

Posted by timothy :: Direct Link 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------