Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Raindrops keep falling on my head...

I love how whenever it finally decides to rain out here, everyone is talking about it the next day like Godzilla attacked! "Did you see the rain yesterday?" "Oh my gosh, it rained so hard!" "Where do you live, did it rain there? It rained at my house" Rain, rain, rain! You'd think these people have never seen water fall from the sky before (well, ok, there are many people in LA who have never actually seen it rain)

Heaven forbid you have to drive in the rain out here. It seriously rained like 8 drops on my way home from work and everyone is slamming on their brakes (which is always the best thing to do when its wet!). When its seriously raining (well, serious for out here) people will almost all out stop and give me disbelieving looks as I pass them going 50 mph.

Meanwhile, back home they are about to be hit with a torrential amount of rain. Rita is currently a 5 and is expected to hit Houston harder than the recession in the mid 80's. My thoughts and prayers go out to all my family and friends in the area, I hope you are all doing all you can to brace for the storm.

When I was about 5 years old, Hurricane Alisha rocked the Texas coastline, and it was only a 3. I recall my parents having all the neighbors over for a Hurricane party. They would drink and play card games while watching trees throughout the neighborhood fall into the street. A good time was had by all. Unfortunately, it looks like Rita is going to be a lot more serious. So perhaps the drinks will need to be a lot stronger...

"The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain." -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Posted by timothy :: Direct Link 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------