Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Monday, October 17, 2005

We shall plant the hydrangea... there!

Since my job and I are not really on speaking terms, I often think about what I should be doing that's not this. My "future job" changes from month to month, sometimes week to week.

My current favorite is fairly new to the rotation, but the more I think about it, the more I start to like it.

My next profession shall be.... Landscape Architect. I've always liked landscaping, I've always liked architecture, it seems like the two should go hand in hand!

So I looked into, its a three year program for schlubs like me who don't have an undergrad degree in anything bearing any type of resemblence to design.

One school I looked at requires a "Exhibit of Professional and Creative Work" which was the most exciting thing on the admission requirements page. If I started now, it would be a bit of a rush to get my stuff in by the deadline, but I think it could be done.

Perhaps my recent interest stems from my
creative works this weekend. Working with the right side of my brain always makes me want to use it more!

So we'll see if this pans out, or ends up in my "box of broken dreams" along with my skateboard, basketball, and undergrad diploma.

If anyone out there reading this happens to be a landscape architect, or know someone who is, or is going to school for something similar, any advice would be greatly appreciated. (because its all about the networking)

Posted by timothy :: Direct Link 4 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------