Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Friday, September 30, 2005

The Camel Joke

So posting the picture of the camel yesterday reminded me of my favorite joke I've ever heard!

First though, we shall have some backstory, to help things along.

Way back in fourth grade I did a report on camels. Of the many things I learned about camels from the one Zoobooks magazine and the one Ranger Rick that I read, I have only retained three things.

1)Camels do not actually store water in their hump.

2)There are two types of camels, the one-humped camel is known as a Dromedary, the two humped variety is known as a Bactrian.

3)They spit.

So way back in the day when I was a freshmen in college I met some friends in Austin at a club on "the drag" called Metro. We went to see a group called Only Ninety Percent Effective, which was an improv group. They were quite funny, and had a game called,' A priest, A rabbi and a..." where someone in the audience would yell out a word and they would include that in joke. This created one of the funniest jokes I have ever heard, which no one else enjoys!

So, without further ado, "
The camel joke":

A priest, a rabbi and a camel walk into a bar. The priest goes up to the bar, orders a drink, takes it back.

The rabbit goes up to the bar, orders a drink, takes it back.

The camel, comes staggering into the bar, walks determinedly up to the bar, and says loudly, "Bar-tender! Give me some milk!" The bartender looks at him, pours him a glass of milk, and says, "Here's your milk buddy, but what's with the attitude?"

The camel boldy replies, "Its Drama-dairy!"

I was the only one in the club laughing, laughing so hard, in fact, that everyone turned and looked at me!

If you would like to learn more about camels, be sure to check out your local library or click here:

Camel-tastic!

or learn about when these "Great Ships of the Desert" roamed the West Texas country side here:

Camels in Texas?!?

Posted by timothy :: Direct Link 5 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------