Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Monday, February 20, 2006

Garage Sale



So ever since I have been little, my family has had a garage sale about twice a year. And my parents were professionals. We had clothing rods hanging from the garage ceiling year round to hang the clothes from. My dad would use all his sawhorses to set up large tables, and we were up at the crack of dawn to sell all of our crap.

We would typically make about $200-300 a sale, and the money would always go to new stuff for us.

This is why I was so excited to have a garage sale this weekend!

Over the past few weeks,
danielle and I have been going through our closets and taking out clothes, going through my garage, and finding old housewares no longer used, and performing a general cleanout of all our crap.

We asked a few other couples to join in, and we had ourselves a regular Multi-family Garage sale. The ad was posted on Craigslist, and we were ready to go.

All week the weather had been threatening rain on Saturday, so we were a little afraid that we would get rained out, but we prepared for the best!

At the ripe old hour of 7 am, we dragged ourselves out of bed for the sale. We first had to get everything set up. We put up clothing rods in the garage, but rather than being dowel rods, they were made from an old pool cue, and a garden hoe. I had an old cat scratching post/climbing tree, that we used to display our old shoes. We used a ping pong table for our crap and we were ready to go.


The weather held out till about lunch time, and then we packed it all back into the garage. We did the same thing again on Sunday morning as well.

After all this hard work and preparation, our garage sale probably made about $200.

After all this hard work and preparation, I personally cleared about $8.00.

Maybe next time, I'll just sleep in!


Posted by timothy :: Direct Link 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------