Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Friday, February 24, 2006

Turning Crap into Roses!

In case my dorkiness is in question, I submit the following story for your review:

So today at work I had 123 account modifications to make. For those of you who don't know, that's quite a bit. It would probably take most of my coworkers a couple of hours to do.

Its a very boring and mundane task that I especially loathe. But, like I always do when I have stuff like this to do, I simply pull up some music, put on my headphones, and turn it all the way up. Today's choice was Queen.

So about halfway through I decided to make it more fun. I don't know if it was the Queen, I don't know if I've been watching too much Olympic coverage, but in my head I wasn't just performing a mundane task, I was competing in the National Account Modification competition and was competing with the best around the country. I set myself a time limit to be done by and set about to beating the world record (which doesn't exist).

I even had announcers in my head making commentary about my progress. Things like "Ooh, its mistakes like that, that could cost him the gold." But I didn't let the naysayers get in my way.

I trudged on, quickly making the changes.

It was right down to the wire, but I ended up finishing five minutes sooner than the time I set, and completing all the changes in about 45 minutes!

And of course, as I was completing the final few, "We are the Champions!" came on and boy did I feel like one! Nothing like a little Freddie Mercury to get you pumped about nothing.

"But it's been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise -
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race -
And I ain't gonna lose -

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for losers '
Cause we are the champions - of the world" -Queen

Posted by timothy :: Direct Link 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------