Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Thursday, December 01, 2005

It's that time again...

So this morning after waking up, I noticed a few unusual things. Now, I'm not at my best upon immediately waking up, so it took me a while to put things together.

First off, the dogs were unusually quick in handling their morning "routine" and came running back in as soon as business was done.

Then, I noticed a lack of visibility on the freeway, and other drivers being particularly slow and brake even more unneccesarily.

Follow that up with the underground parking being more than usually full and it all came together.

Its the rainy season. The time of year when Northern Californian's are reminded that plants can be watered other ways than just out of the hose.

Its funny, just last week danielle and I were discussing how much we missed the rain, and how nice it was that it rained while we we're in Texas.

Now here we are two days into the rainy season, and already I'm missing the sun.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy that its raining, its great for the re-sodding I'm doing in my backyard, and its three months where I don't have to water.

But I had forgotten all the other problems that come along with rain. (like dog prints all over the kitchen floor)

Also, rain was much more enjoyable when I worked as a lifeguard or in that tennis shop. Back then, rain meant work was cancelled, and sleeping in ensued.

Now it just means dealing with more traffic and cleaning dog paws!

***Update*** It just thundered and if you listened quietly, you could hear the others in the building collectively peeing their pants! (their own pants Ryan!) I've never seen such a large group of people get so astonished by such simple act of nature. Of course, these are the same people that will continue putting on their eyeliner during an earthquake, and then ask you if someone just farted.

"I think fish is nice, but then I think that rain is wet, so who am I to judge? " -Douglas Adams

Posted by timothy :: Direct Link 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------