Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Thursday, March 30, 2006

Country Roads, Take Me Home

So this weekend I am venturing back to the thriving metropolis of Georgetown, Texas.

As many of you may not know, the Bay Area is experiencing an unusually wet year. We have already received about 27 inches of rain, and the yearly average is only 22 in. Typically by this time of year the rain is long gone and the sun is bright and (somewhat) warm. But it is still cold and rainy, and absolutely miserable. Of course, this is good news for my yard, which I recently re-sodded, but bad news for my sanity which requires warmth and sunshine.



So I am looking forward to my weekend in Texas which should be bright, sunny, and in the 80's. Ah, sweet delicious heat! Of course, on my past visits home I have found that I lost my weather tolerance and quite quickly melt under the withering sun and humidity.

We'll just have to wait and see how I hold up. But there is a softball game on Saturday, and if its too hot, I can just hang out in the dug out.

Good Weekend to you all! I will leave you with this slightly modified John Denver song:

"Country roads, take me home
To the place, I be-long
[Georgetown, Texas] [hilly] momma
Take me home, country roads
All my mem'ries, gather 'round her...
..I hear her voice, in the mornin' hours she calls to me
The radio reminds me of my home far a-way
And drivin' down the road I get a feelin'
That I should have been home yesterday, yesterday
Country roads, take me home
To the place, I be-long"


Posted by timothy :: Direct Link 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------