Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Friday, April 21, 2006

Another Friday Update...

"Have you forgotten about your blog, Tim?"

"Hey Tim, why haven't you posted anything in awhile?"

"Tim? Are you there, it's me your reader!"

These are the types of e-mails I would be getting if anyone actually read this thing. But despite a lack of readers begging for more, I come to you once again with a tale of woe and fury...


Ok, I've got nothing, which is probably why I haven't posted in awhile. But I'll go ahead and update you on the humdrum that is, satisfactorily, my life.

First off, d and I have begun our first, of what will hopefully be many, collaboration project. There is a link over there under my links column (to the right) titled "Our House". Since we are moving soon, we have decided to have a site that chronicles the story of us in the house, and other house related items. Some of you may ask, "Why would we care?" Well, I don' t really know, you've read this far haven't you?

But the main reason for my absence is that I have been reading a great series of books, that other nerds out there may enjoy (cough..Ash..cough). It's called "The Farseer Trilogy", which is then followed up by the conclusive "Tawny Man Trilogy". (There is also a "Liveship Trader's" series in the middle, but I skipped those this time) They are both interesting in their own way, but most of you mainstreamers out there probably wouldn't enjoy it.

Unfortunately, when I get into a series like this that I like, I tend to dive in wholeheartedly, ignoring almost all else (just ask my girlfriend). So over the past 3 weeks I devoured these 6 books like a starving man at a banquet. Unfortunately, it is you the reader that has suffered.

Danielle, doesn't understand how I can read so fervently, especially when it is a series I have already read... ...twice. Maybe it's because I wasn't popular as a kid, maybe I lacked an outlet for my otherwise unbridled creativity, maybe I'm just a geek. But whatever the reason, I have always approached books as if I'm entering another world, a world full of characters like old friends. A world full of dragons and magic! A place where a simple guy like me can change the fate of the entire universe.

Some might say I have delusions of grandeur, some might say I'm mad, but who cares what others think (except high school kids). Books are my little escape from reality.

It could be worse... ... I could've taken up heavy drinking instead.

"The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read." -Abraham Lincoln (apparently his greatest enemy was anyone who taught grammar)

Posted by timothy :: Direct Link 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------